How do I Remove a font

Hi, I installed a bunch of fonts a while ago but this one has invaded my browser! Really weird. It seems to only affect pages that use Italics. How can I get rid of this font? Thanks.

Please attach the eos-diagnostic log file for any Endless OS problems, and a screenshot or camera image of the error message itself.

To generate an eos-diagnostic file:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’. You can search for it by typing into the search bar on the desktop.
  2. In the Terminal, type the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze it and seek a possible solution

Hi,

if you installed the font as a regular user (e.g. not system-wide), your fonts will end up in one of the following locations:

1. ~/.fonts
  2. ~/.local/share/fonts

To remove a font, simply delete the appropriate file from these folders and then run the following command to update your font cache:

fc-cache

If you don’t know where the font got installed to, you can use the following command do determine it’s path:

fc-match -v "PT Serif"  | grep "file:"

will yield:

file: "/sysroot/home/egon/.local/share/fonts/PTSerif-Regular.ttf"(w)

(Replace “PT Serif” with the name of the friendly name of the font you are looking for)

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply - I got this location: /sysroot/home/mylaptop/.local/share/fonts/savatage.ttf"(w) how do i navigate to these files? Get lost at the ‘local’ stage - no option.

Hidden files - of course! I deleted the font so will see what happens. Thanks again.

It worked!!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.