How does the Endless Key work?
You can use the Endless Launcher app on the Endless Key to browse the Encyclopedia, Explore Learning Content available through the Kolibri educational platform, or Restart and Try Endless OS on Windows computers to run a self-contained Endless OS system from the USB key - it uses your computer’s hardware, but it doesn’t affect any of your data. To return to the Windows operating system, simply restart your computer.
- To browse the Encyclopedia and other offline content:
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later
- To restart into Endless OS:
Download and install Endless OS on your computer
Although the Endless Key is a great way to try Endless OS, there are some limitations:
- Space on the USB key is limited, so there might not be enough room to save a number of large files or try lots of apps.
- If the USB key itself is damaged, you could lose your data.
- In addition, the operating system and apps on the Endless Key cannot be updated.
For these reasons, if you love the Endless Key, we recommend downloading and installing Endless OS on your computer.
Visit www.endlessos.com/download to learn more!