How to use "make install"?

Hello, guys,

I need to use “make”, in order to install some programs that I need and that are not available in flathub. When i tried using it, the terminal said that this command was not available. So, is there any way to use or it isn’t available at all, just like apt?

Thanks in advance.

Right now is only possible to install apps that are based on Flatpak. We kindly suggest contacting your software developers’ in order to suggest them to create a version compatible with it.

These articles will provide more details about it:

You can install using the toolbox command. The Toolbox is a tool that offers a familiar RPM based environment for developing and debugging software that runs fully unprivileged using Podman. I recommend reading the toolbox command documentation using the command toolbox --help or github.com/debarshiray/toolbox/tree/master/doc

As Leandro already said, the way to go here is probably Podman, which allows you to use a complete Ubuntu environment within Endless OS. To set it up, follow the instructions in this thread:

From within the environment you can install all the necessary tools and dependencies needed to build your application.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.