i am unable install endless os in windows 10 side by side. after 98% installation it says ‘oops something went wrong setting up endless os’.

i am unable install endless os in windows 10 side by side. after 98% installation it says ‘oops something went wrong setting up endless os’.EndlessInstaller20210207_19_44_34.log (106.4 КБ) . after 98% installation it says ‘oops something went wrong setting up endless os’.

Can you please check if your System has been booted with UEFI or Legacy (BIOS) Mode, by running msinfo32.exe (Windows-R, then enter msinfo32 and press Enter).

In “System Summary”, check the Value of “BIOS Mode”. It has to be UEFI.

Please keep us informed.

It’s an EFI system, but the boot log shows 100s of EFI boot entries for the same Windows boot loader. This is weird, it suggests maybe a firmware bug? You should check for any BIOS/firmware updates applicable to your system, then you could try using a tool like https://www.easyuefi.com/ to try and clear out the 100s of boot entries apart from one (00DA) which is actually used for booting Windows, and then retry the install. If you’re not confident doing that, you could also try a BIOS reset and see if that clears up the weird boot entries, and then retry the install.

I’m confident that Rob’s right and those 100s of entries are the cause of this problem. Here is the error in the log:

19:57:02 - C:\projects\rufus\endless\src\endless\UEFIBootSetup.cpp:452 Error on SetFirmwareEnvironmentVariable (GLE=[1470])

According to this table, Windows error code 1470 is ERROR_NO_NVRAM_RESOURCES.

Hi,
I’m surprised that this installation issue was raised almost a year ago, and still, there is no solution to it.
Dear developers kindly do something and make installation doable and easier for new users.

Today I tried one more time to install endless OS.
However, still the same problem. It downloads 2GB, spent more than an hour, and then there is an error.
:disappointed: :confused: :worried:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Usama Have you tried the workaround suggested by @ramcq above?