somebody could help me reset my administrator password
i dont remember creating one
now i cant even install a vlc to watch
pls somebody help

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ā€˜Terminalā€™
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-180712_192310_UTC 0800.txt (592.8 KB)
thatā€™s it
thanks in advance

I did a fresh install a couple days ago using the latest iso. I did notice that you can install setup and run the computer with out needing to set a password. I do not think that is a good idea, and I did create a password.

I assume if you did not set a password, you could go to the ā€œUsersā€ section of the system setting, find your user name, select change password and just create one at that point, although I personally did not try that, because I set a password, at the time I did the install.

bill

i remember that i just put both the guest and user as administrator and thatā€™s it after that it always appear that administrator password before installing an apps
i really dont know what to do

Settings>Details>Look for updates

1 Like

i already check for update and nothing happenā€¦
what should i do now?

rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update

Nothing happened
I dont know the password that been asking

@zenen If you have made the ā€œShared Accountā€ an administrator, log in as that account, then in the control panel you should be able to go and reset the password for your normal user.

no i still cant authenticate my account
thanks

I have the same issue with my new computer! Is there a solution?

What version of Endless OS do you have?

Its Endless 3 point 2 something. Cant update it more so I guess its the latest version

The latest version is Endless OS 3.4.6

rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update

Thanks, will try.
Just confirmed that it is ENdless 3.2.5. Tried to update but Update constantly failed.
J

Hi again,
Typed the command in my terminal and it asks me for the password (which I still donā€™t know, I am afraid).
So the problem is still unsolved ā€¦

When you ask for the password you hit enter

@jlopezmc

eos-diagnostic-190104_170829_UTC+0330.txt