I have been running endless on a laptop for just over a year, I guess I like it! It has some weird quirks like all all operating systems. I keep downloading distros, trying them on a virtual machine and then returning to endless.
Just thought I would mention the weird bits
- So I noticed that the app center has different applications available on three different machines all running the same version of Endless 3.7.4 (191118-112147). On this laptop, i am missing quite a few applications available on the other machines.
- When running disks, it is possible to format a usb drive NTFS and add files to it and have this USB drive not usable by any other machine than the one that creates it. It is possible to completely destroy a usb drive so that no version of linux or apple can read it but when plugged into a windows machine it can be recovered, it just takes about 30 minutes for windows to mark the drive as bad so you can then wipe it.
- Really need a better way to write ISO files to USB other than disks, it does some weird restores and breaks more times than not. Unetbootin
- For the last few updates my HP 6550B laptop just locks up so nothing works and then randomly unlocks and carries on like nothing has happened for the last five minutes.
- When My machine wakes up the keyboard doesn’t work. Is I suspend again and wake up it then works.
- Sometimes the lack of software available in the app centre drives me nuts.
Then I try other distros and then I am thankful for Endless