Imposibilidad de instalar Windows

Tengo un ASUS X512DA-BQ1136, un dispositivo que viene con Linux, Endless específicamente. Quiero cambiarme a Windows. Bootee una USB, inicié la BIOS (que es de esas modernas que permiten el uso del mouse), el modo seguro estaba desactivado, seleccioné iniciar con la memoria (que ahí ya empezaba lo raro, me mostraba como dos memorias, una con (1) y otra con (2). Entra a la instalación, idioma, pide el código aquél y luego viene lo de las particiones.

Cuando intento pasar allí, me encuentro con que no puedo seleccionar nada, no hay nada. Abajo en cambio me dice que no se encuentra el disco (un SSD), que instale un controlador para hacerlo. No lo tenía y lo busqué y no lo encontré para descargar.

He visto que otras personas intentan hacer el mismo proceso que yo y no tienen este problema. No he tocado para nada la BIOS hasta ahora y no sé cómo solucionar esto. No entiendo por qué no lee el disco si en este está el otro sistema y se deja usar de manera normal.

Agradezco de antemano la ayuda.

First of all make sure that you have a recent Windows USB (e.g. 20H2) because some much earlier versions don’t have support for installing on NVME SSDs.

Please be aware that if you install Windows after Endless OS, you are no longer able to boot EOS.

Sorry but… How do I do that? The USB is new… Even the… Version? Is 3.0

That’s mean that I can’t use endless later of install Windows? Why?

Ad 1:
Top create a recent USB Installer for Windows, you need a PC running Windows and download the creation tool from Microsoft - it will fetch the latest version and build a working USB stick.

Ad 2:
Because the Windows installer can’t resize partitions you need to delete them in order to install Windows. You can, however, run the EOS installer after Windows is installed to create a Dual-Boot Setup.

This didn’t work…
The problem is the same. Don’t show a disk for create partitions.
The only option that it shows is upload a driver for the disk…

Can you please check in your BIOS if your Disk Mode is set the AHCI or RAID? It needs to be set to AHCI to work without a specialized Intel Driver

How I do that? The only thing that looks like that you say is the option of the pic. how do you see, is a new bios…

Or that. But idk. Sorry for reply twice, I can’t put two pics in the same comment…

I’ve solved it. The problem was that de proccesor (i7 11th gen) have some… characteristics. here I leave what helped me
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044458/

Thanks for everything @egrath <3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.