Install brother scanner DCP-7055

Hi,
i have a brother dcp-7055 printer/scanner.
Printing works very well but I just don’t know how I can make the integrated scanner work…
Is there a driver or something else that has to be installed?

@FoxEndless
Open the application called ‘Simple Scan’

I allready did before my post, simple scan tells me that there is no scanner plugged in.
That is the reason why I asked for a driver or something else.
Anyway, thanks for your answer.
Someone else an idea?

@FoxEndless
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-170828_180943_UTC 0200.txt (250,2 KB)

No one with the same problems?
It seems that I’ve to run Windows too, cause I can’t use my scanner, update apps or endless itself. There are no apps that could be installed… from me…
Endless could be such a un-hysterical, lovely system but when I can’t work with it?

Hi there, the Brother scanner you have doesn’t have any open source drivers, so it hasn’t been integrated into Endless OS yet. I’ve opened up an issue in our internal tracker and hopefully we’ll be able to add their proprietary (but free to distribute) drivers into a future release of Endless OS.

Hi Nick, thanks for these information!

where can i get the list of printer that support endless os? cause my printer is MFC-j200 and i wonder is support or not ?