Install windows or ubuntu over EndLess

Hi, I really need help from you guys… I’ve bought an asus laptop from the store and it came with your OS pre installed on it. All fine and dandy but unfortunately I do not know how to operate properly on this system nor do I want to learn an entirely new system at this moment. So I decided to get windows on my machine.
The problem is that I cant find anything compatible on your system that I could write a bootable USB with an OS with it, be it windows or even ubuntu, heck even Mint, i don’t mind any of them.
Please direct me to something I could use on your system because at this point, I’m lost and I cant use my machine how I’d like to use it.
What can I do to make a bootable USB stick with an OS of my choosing. (Using Endless OS to do so, obv)

I’d like to mention that I dont have another machine with windows or ubuntu so I can use that to make the bootable usb, so I’m stuck with this one that has endless and that cant do much for me.

Thanks in advance

The OS is pretty fast and quite smart.I do not wish to remove it however I have a similar problem. I just bought mine last week. The OS is not compatible with microsoft windows.You will also experience same issue using Microsoft Office because the Libre Office Version is lower to the recent MS Office 2016 ,so all your documents get disjointed when you try to work***this can be frustrating***.

For ease of life… I wish someone can come to our rescue.

1 Like

Sorry you’re going through the same issue as me… unfortunately I couldnt find any support from the developers of this… amazing OS… so I had to go out for the day and do this operation at a friends house that had a machine with windows OS on it so I can make the bootable USB. Oh well… hope you resolve your issue aswell.

The built-in Disks application can write ISO images from major Linux distributions to USB sticks, and the Fedora Media Writer is available from the App Center. I’m not sure about creating bootable Windows installation media.

I tried loading the win 10 iso on Gnome Boxes and this perfectly works now on Endless. Thank You man