ISO Images are now available for Endless OS!
After receiving a lot of requests for these, we’re pleased to introduce bootable ISO images with the Endless OS version 3.1.3 release!
ISO image benefits:
- Easier to create USB sticks on Linux and Mac
- Can be used in Virtual Machine without needing special tools to write or convert the disk image files
- Can be used from USBs or DVDs to make dual boot installations on Windows computers
- Can be booted directly to try Endless OS in live mode
- Can be used to reformat your hard drive or replace your OS with Endless
How to use the ISO images: You can write the ISO files to a USB stick using any “raw” writing tool such as Rufus on Windows, GNOME Disks on Endless and most Linux distros, or Etcher on Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
Some known limitations: At present, there is no way to make “persistent” live USBs using the ISO file, so tools such as UNetbootin and Universal USB Creator will not work with our ISO files since the USBs will not boot. If you burn the ISO to a DVD, we have also seen some cases where the system can’t read the DVD fast enough and booting fails.
We need your help! These ISO images are brand new and still need to be tested on many more configurations, so we appreciate your patience as we rollout more support. Please help us troubleshoot and post any problems or your solutions on the forum!