Just wont install (oops, something went wrong)

The latest download link will not take. I just, over and over, get: “Oops, something went wrong…”

My system is:
Windows 10 Pro (build 14393)
Intel i5
546gB free disk space

Clues? Suggestions? Thoughts?

1 Like

@SarahToo
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/215807743-What-should-I-do-when-the-Installer-fails-

I have tried several times. I still get the same result. Attached is a
screen shot. I have no error reporting to do anything with.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (build 14393)

— We not only inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our
Children.

— Aspire to grace.

1 Like

@SarahToo
Please send us the debug log file so we can help you troubleshoot. To get a debug log, go to the same folder where you had the Installer EXE file that did not work and you will find a log file called something like EndlessInstallerYYYYMMDD_HH_MM_SS.log.

1 Like

Thank you for your attention!

Sarah

— We not only inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our
Children.

— Aspire to grace.

EndlessInstaller20170523_19_56_36.log (2.38 MB)

1 Like
22:31:07 - grub_util_bios_setup called with 'C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Temp\EndlessBoot\ntfs\core.img' and last_available_sector=63
22:31:07 - Size of SBR is 32135 bytes from C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Temp\EndlessBoot\ntfs\core.img
22:31:07 - nsec=63, maxsec=126
22:31:07 - Sector 32 is already in use by the program `FlexNet'; avoiding it.  This software may cause boot or other problems in future.  Please ask its authors not to store data in the boot track
22:31:07 - other software is using the embedding area, and there is not enough room for core.img.  Such software is often trying to store data in a way that avoids detection.  We recommend you investigate
22:31:07 - grub\grub.c:346 Error after pc_partition_map_embed. (GLE=[0])
22:31:07 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:5503 Error writing SBR to disk (GLE=[0])
22:31:07 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:5202 Error on WriteMBRAndSBRToWinDrive (GLE=[0])
22:31:07 - SetupDualBoot exited with error.

Known issue, no workaround for now, will be solved in Endless OS 3.2 (in a month or so).

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Install fails with “Error unpacking boot components”