Language and input method support

Hello,
I just install the endless OS.
And I see it can use Chinese or Japanese language, so I choose the Chinese.
But after I log in the OS, I can’t find any way to type Chinese.
Does it support Chinese input method so far? Or any plan?
Thanks.

1 Like

@Marco_Mai Do you know the answer to this?

If you visit the Settings app then choose region and language then next to keyboard layouts press the plus button. Select chinese and choose your input method (e.g. intelligent pinyin) this adds an input methods menu to the bar and you can switch to pinyin and type in chinese.

1 Like

What @Nick_Richards said is correct, but let me know if it doesn’t work. I am happy to help.

I have received a pc with endless 3 pre-installed and when I try to add keyboard layout, It just does not add it. The list with the languages is empty and I cannot add any layout.
Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

What version of Endless OS are you using?
To check which version of Endless OS you are in Settings :arrow_right: Details

3.4.3-nexthw1 (180626-064407)

Upgrade to Endless OS 3.5.7

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

You will upgrade to Endless OS 3.3.19. Repeat the same procedure to upgrade to Endless OS 3.5.7.

unfortunately there is no such option, is there a way to force the upgradeon endless os?

Upgrade to Endless OS 3.5.7 by App Center

neither

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-190405_001507_UTC 0300.txt (905,5 KB)

here you are

Sorry about that! There is a problem with versions 3.4.0-nexthw1, 3.4.2-nexthw1 and 3.4.3-nexthw1 where the upgrade process is not working quite right.

To recover from this situation, open the Terminal app and at the prompt, carefully type the command:
sudo ostree admin upgrade

It may ask for your user password (which will not be displayed as you type it in).

It will then go and download the update, so please be patient until the process finishes, it will say Bootloader updated; bootconfig swap: yes deployment count change: 1

At that point, reboot your computer and it will load the new version of Endless OS.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.