Largest Cursor Bug

Hey, I have change my Cursor to the Largest and seen that half of it is not displayed. I taken full prt sc picture. Then I open Documents to see saved picture, and my PC become frozen and not responsive, screen stayed the same, only after reboot it was working again. I try second time and done the same, with Largest Cursor and opening Documents to see prt sc picture, I have made PC to be frozen again.

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Have you tryed to do the same? To see, if you get the same bug?

Please send a diagnostic following these instructions:

https://support.endlessos.org/en/help-center/How-do-I-make-a-debug-log-of-Endless-OS

Please remove personal data from diagnostics, then I will send. There is show my IP, names of WIFI I connected to, user names, PC specifications, time zone, country and who know what more about me. If you don’t believe me just go and look at it, many of them are on forum. Dare to post you diagnostic so I can get your IP for free. How is hard for you to do replicate this bug?

Even if i agree with you in the argument that not for all problems a diagnostic is necessary, you have to relativize the information included in the diagnostic - it’s very conservative and does not contain any relevant personal information. Aside from many technical details the Diagnostic also contains the following information which someone could see as kind of personal information.

• Model of your PC including the specs
  • The USB devices you have currently connected
  • Configured Flatpak repositories
  • The installed Flatpaks
  • Your username (Not your real name, the technical name; most people choose their first name here)
  • The running processes
  • The configured Wireless Networks (but without any kind of security keys / location)
  • Your current IP address (as almost everyone is behind a NAT router nowadays, this is normally a address from a private range like 192.168/16 or 10/8; this information is useless for revealing your actual external IP)

Absolutely no personal information like files or anything else is in the Diagnostic. These information are purely useful for helping out people with various problems with their computing environment, not for doing any harm to anyone. I crawled through countless Diagnostics over the last months and haven’t seen anything problematic in there.

On 3.9.0~beta3 it seems that the problem does not occur. Can’t test on 3.8.7 as i don’t have a machine here available.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.