Last update recently

Strange it happened after an update no problem before and it run OK on Ubuntu 20. OK I will try Ubuntu again and then try an uninstall and re install. I might put it on my lanovo instead.

Regards

Ped

This problem is affecting several users - most of which are Asus laptops. @egrath has posted details of a workaround, but we don’t yet understand why this problem exists or how to address it in a more comprehensive fashion. We even tested 13 Asus laptops but none of them exhibited the problem.

Would anyone who is facing this issue (keyboard not working after update to latest Endless version) be interested in helping us understand the problem via a remote access debugging session? (This can be done even if you have put @egrath’s workaround in place)

• This would involve coordinating over WhatsApp. We would agree on a time slot somewhere between 8am and 8pm Taiwan time (GMT+8).
  • You’d need an internet connection and an external keyboard.
  • On my instruction, you would run a command that grants me remote access.
  • I would have full admin access to your computer, documents, etc. (I will not be looking at those, but I want to make you aware of the level of access you are granting.)
  • At some points during the session I will ask you to press keys on the internal keyboard.

As my computer is not Asus but the board was made by a company that was part of or supplied Asus this could be of benifit to the comunity. The down side is I am in UK so time zone’s but as my wife is in Philippines I am likley to be up and about, Friday would probably be best for me. Lets see if we can work something out.

Ped

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.