Lenovo MX II - Post Installation Problem with TouchScreen/Keyboard/Touchpad

I installed Endless OS on the small Lenovo Notebook MXII beside Windows 10. Everything is working fine except that it seems that the installed TouchScreen Display of the Notebook interferes with keyboard input/touchpad input. The Keyboard and Touchpad below seems to freeze (if i pause with data input for some time), then no input is possible and the mouse pointer vanishes (even with an external mouse). Input via Touchscreen is possible. Is there a way to disable the touchscreen completely or to change this odd behavior? I seems that the OS waits for input either from the Touchscreen or the Keyboard and therefore hangs for a while. The Notebook is perfect for use with Endless OS a I really like the Setup and the concept of Endless OS. It’s a real Linux gem …great stuff!

Maybe there is a simple solution for that?

Best wishes, retox

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Hi Leandro, thank you for the quick response … here is the requested log file.

retox

eos-diagnostic-200403_180652_UTC 0200.txt (783,1 KB)

Go to Settings :arrow_right: Accessibility

Hi Leandro, everything is set to OFF. If I e.g.turn on Touchscreen Keyboard, the keyboard simply appears. What I mean is to turn off input form the touchscreen display, using fingers for navigation on the screen instead of the mouse …

retox

Hi, @retox!

Perhaps a screenshot of the window where everything is set to off might help.

Hi Leandro, OFF means OFF … this isn’t really helpful. There is another post in the forum with MXII touchscreen input problems (unable to hide the touchscreen onscreen keyboard), where they say that this problem will be adressed with the May update of Endless OS. (maybe you can move my post there?)

My MXII has all the latest (BIOS) updates and even under windows there is no simple way to turn the touchscreen off (but under windows it work perfectly, but I don’t like windows). (although you can do it with a registry hack, of course). But in Endless OS the physical keyboard and the touchscreen (with touchscreen keyboard) are in a permanent “competition” where mostly the touchscreen wins ;-). In this state Elementary OS is not usable on the Lenovo MX II. Because of the fact that there are so many (other) hybrid-devices out on the market, it would be essential to adress this problem in form of maybe an accessibility switch while using it a normal notebook to turn this feature off, or improve the automatic detecting generally, which input is used. (Btw. mouse usage doesn’t also change the problem).

Anyways, Endless OS is a great Linux OS, I really like it’s educational approach an the clean Desktop Environment. Everything on this Lenovo MX II has worked out of the box (except the built-in camera and the problem with the touch screen), and this is really great.

Keep up the good work, I will stay tuned and hope for feedback son.

Stay safe … retox

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.