Mass OS installation for Endless One 500 GB

Hello guys @ Endless Mobile,

I had purchased 120 pcs of Endless One 500GB from your company. We put them in the storage room and now we plan to sell them to the customers.

The problem is that the original OS in the machine is the old one, maybe 2.x version, and we need to upgrade them in bulk to the latest 3.4.x

Can we just download the ISO and intall it in one machine and then clone it to the other HDDs in the remaining machines? Do you have OEM installation mode like Linux Mint?

Please give us some suggestions on that matter.

Thank you so much.

I read this article, but I think it is not the solution for the problem. I need a solution that upgrade or reinstall the OS in the machine from scratch and it will prompt the users to enter their credentials as they set up the new computer.

Can we do that with the ISO or do you have some special methods to achieve that.

Thank you.

@wjt Can you help me to solve this problem? Thank you

@quybaohoang https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can do that, provided you do not boot the one machine before you clone it. (The first time you boot an Endless system, various unique identifiers are generated; if you clone the machine after booting it, more than one machine will share a “unique” identifier.)

There’s an unattended mode in our reformatter tool. It’s not supported on ISOs at the moment; you need to create a dedicated reformatter USB stick using either our Windows tool or the eos-write-installer tool on recent versions of Endless OS.

But I don’t recommend you use the ISO anyway. The downloadable version of Endless OS doesn’t include certain royalty-bearing codecs which the Endless One includes (the cost being included in the retail price). Probably best to get in touch with our support team to see if we can provide you with the right image to reformat these Endless Ones and keep the codecs.

Please include a diagnostic log from one of these Endless Ones so we can verify the right image to send you.