My computer not working *emergency

How do you know that wifi does not work on 3.9.5 if you cannot get past the Endless logo pictured above?

Please do the following steps:

• Try to boot 3.9.5
  • Hit the Esc key on your keyboard when you see the Endless logo appear. Does any text appear? If so, take a photograph of it.
  • Boot 3.8.7
  • Create a debug log by following these instructions https://support.endlessos.org/en/troubleshooting/debug-log
  • Attach the photograph and debug log here

no because that in the version 3.8.7 that freezes but not the 3.9.5 but im saying that it never connects to wifi unless its version 3.8.7 but 3.8.7 get stuck on the image i sent u

OK, so you can start 3.9.5, but the Wi-Fi doesn’t work.

In that case:

• Start 3.9.5
  • Generate a diagnostic file
  • Copy it to the computer you’re using now using a USB stick
  • Attach the diagnostic file to this thread

can yall check the system or anything and fix it there because im really confused don’t know what to do to fix it. And a week ago it worked fine until i reset my computer like turn it off

There’s nothing more I can do without the additional information I’ve requested above, I’m afraid.

7 posts were split to a new topic: “Split Flatpak repo from system OSTree repo” takes over an hour

A post was split to a new topic: “Something went wrong” message shown on 4.0.0

I have found out that all my files have been deleted so now i can get into the system and it freezes during the process and im trying to figure out how to get those files back

So should i screenshot the hack script or whatever

If by “hack script” you mean something similar to the post at the top of this thread, yes, please.

Then when i see all the thread its all as [FAILED] and I found a line where it said [FAILED] to start session and all the options were [FAILED] except for some that said [Ok]

Can you take a photo?

When I start my computer i click the 3 . 9 5 version and it say endless but then it freezes on that same screen

Really worried and don’t know what to do. Please help

And i need my computer so badly to study for a test

OK, that’s quite hard to read but lots of services are failing to start. Based on your earlier messages I believe you see the same thing whichever version of Endless OS you select in the GRUB boot menu – is that correct?

It’s hard to know for sure but this looks like disk corruption. You could try to get more information as follows:

• Press Ctrl+Alt+F3 to switch to a text-mode login prompt
  • Enter your username (it’s normally your first name, in lower-case; so for me, “Will Thompson”, it’s will) and press Enter
  • Enter your password and press Enter
  • Run one of the commands suggested on that screen, such as systemctl status upower.service, and take a photograph of the output. Or run journalctl -b, use Page Down to scroll to the end, and take photographs of the last few pages.
  • When you’re done, run systemctl poweroff to switch off the computer.

Another option is to create a bootable USB disk on another computer, boot this computer from the USB stick, and then you may be able to check the built-in disk for errors using the Disks app, and/or recover your data from the built-in disk by copying it to a USB stick. https://support.endlessos.org/en/installation

This is way to complicated for me i don’t know but ill try it

yes for the first question

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.