New User - Need advice

Hello everyone,

Just got my new laptop pre-installed with Endless OS. Never heard of it until now.
Lets see how this goes. I am excited about this. I am hoping the community members can give me some advice as a first user about their experience and troubleshooting etc.
FYI - First time Linux user :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the land of Linux :slight_smile:

Endless OS is a nice, friendly introduction. My advice is think think of it more like Android for a PC, and less like Windows. Check out the App Center, that’s where you’ll find all the available apps and have a one-click install, just like on a phone.

Also get to know the keyboard shortcuts: Alt-Tab to switch windows (like on Windows) but also Alt-~ (tilde) to switch between windows of the same application, and Super-# (Super is the logo key) where # is the number of an application icon in your task bar. So Super-1 switches to the first one, Super-2 the second, and so on. Makes multi-tasking fast and easy.

3 Likes

Te va a gustar . es muy simple de usar. Instalar. Además viene con muchos programas. Podes hacer dualboot tu pc. Y lo mas importante no tiene costo y tampoco virus. Es el futuro. Ni hablar del grupo de Endless . siempre están con la solución. No te vas a arrepentir. Ya vas a ver. Suerte

1 Like

pacosta157 Translators 2h You will like it. is very simple to use. Install. It also comes with many programs. You can do dualboot your pc. And the most important thing is no cost and no viruses. It is the future. Not to mention Endless’s group. they are always with the solution. You will not regret it. You’ll see. Luck

2 Likes