"No such device ostree" I can't boot anything

I buy Asus notebook, first start i see the notebook come with Endless 3 OS. We turn off the notebook and try to boot device but see what happen: I upload video in youtube: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl3JQIl35c&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0U5StBCgKNJ5jFjBUIUfBR7fIVI4hPzH76qJM-QKETia9tk34kBF8R79g](http://Youtube Click)
Whatever i choose everytime this happen…
I WANNA INSTALL WINDOWS 10 PLEASE HELP ME I CAN"T BOOT …

We are very sorry to hear that Endless OS did not fulfill your needs, unfortunately, the installation of other OS which is not Endless OS is out of our hands

How to re-install endless Leandro? I wanna start my computer with my os Endless 3.

Apologies for the difficulties here. Thanks for reporting the problem and posting the video.

We have had a handful of reports of this issue now, but we have never been able to reproduce or investigate it :frowning:

If you need a quick solution, you can reinstall Endless OS according to the link above.

However, if you do not need to use this computer urgently, I wonder if you would be willing to help us investigate and understand the issue so that we can prevent it from happening in future. This would involve you creating an Endless USB disk (part of the above procedure) but then using this USB disk to allow an Endless engineer to remotely connect to your computer for investigation. The process here would be coordinated over WhatsApp, telegram, or a similar messaging app.

It should be relatively quick once the process is underway, but the whole thing (including finding a suitable time slot for both parties, probably not at the weekend) might take 2-3 days.

Hello! I m in the same situation. I bought a brand new Assus laptop, I open it for the first time- everything looked ok- it was something different from windows but not in a bad way- close it and when I wanted to open it again directly i get the same mesage over and over: no such device: ostree. Even if a instaled windows on different ocasion I m not familiar with Linux and the comands… Should i give it back to waranty ? Thanks

I’m sorry for the trouble here!
The easiest option would be to claim this under warranty as you mention.

Sadly we don’t know what causes this but as you can see it affects multiple people. If you have the time and interest, instead of returning for wrranty please let me know if you would be prepared to let us remotely investigate this problem on your computer. This process would require that you use another computer to create an Endless USB disk, then boot your new Asus computer from that USB disk, go online, and then coordinate a few simple steps communicating with an Endless engineer over e.g. WhatsApp.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.