No such device:ostree

Hi ! I have this problem called “error:no such device:ostree” since this morning. It’s the first time when I get this type of error and I can’t get rid of it. Could you suggest me a quick way of solving this issue ?

I m in the same situation with a brand new Asus. First time worked ok, but now when I power it I receive the same mesage… :frowning::sleepy:

Can you please try out the suggestions made in this Thread:

Apologies that we don’t have a quick solution for this other than a complete Endless reinstall. Unfortunately we have had a few users report this issue but we don’t yet understand what causes it :frowning:

If you have the time and interest, please let me know if you would be prepared to let us remotely investigate this problem on your computer. This process would require that you use another computer to create an Endless USB disk, then boot your new Asus computer from that USB disk, go online, and then coordinate a few simple steps communicating with an Endless engineer over e.g. WhatsApp.

Здравствуйте!
У меня на компьютере, такая же проблема. При включении выдается сообщение " error no such device ostree".
Трижды пытался создать создать USB-накопитель Endless OS на другом ноутбуке по Вашей инструкции и каждый раз на этапе записи на USB-накопитель выдается ошибка. Пробовал разные типы флешек, ничего не выходит.
Объясните, есть ли возможность хотя бы извлечь из компьютера небходимые файлы.?

You could try using another app to write the Endless ISO file to USB
e.g. one of the options from https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/burn-iso-image-to-usb-drive.html

The ISO file can be downloaded from

Спасибо, я попробую. Вы не подскажете - сохраняться ли при этом файлы на компьютере?

Based on other cases we’ve seen, I’d expect your files to be accessible. If you are willing to enable remote access for an Endless developer and coordinate a suitable time slot, we could likely research this strange problem and restore the normal operation of your computer at the same time.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.