No wifi adapter found asus, dont know how to solvw it

Its been working fine since I got my laptop. Today no adapter is found. Please help!!!

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Thanks but there is no terminal app in the system
I have seen other users who have had similar issues, but sincei dont have the terminal app I dont know what else to do. Any clue?

Sorry for the trouble here.
Terminal is part of the base OS. It is definitely installed even if it’s not on the desktop.
You can find it by searching for “Terminal” in the search box on the desktop, or in the app center.

I suspect you hit a problem that we just fixed in Endless 3.7.3.
Please follow the procedure below to access the boot menu:

From that menu you will be able to boot Endless 3.6 (the previous version which was working fine).
Once booted into Endless 3.6, perform a system update again, it will now update to version 3.7.3 and wifi should continue to work.

Sorry for the trouble here.

eos-diagnostic-190601_075955_UTC 0300.txt (800,6 KB)

Tried rebooting, no success.
Just sent the disgnostic your way. Hope it helps. Thanks

From what i see in your diagnostics log, there’s not even a wireless device visible at hardware level to the operating system. Eventually the wireless device is disabled in the BIOS?

I agree with egrath, the OS cannot see any wifi device at all. (It is not related to a EOS-3.7.x issue that I previously suspected)

My suggestions are:

1. Ensure that the external power is connected when you turn the laptop on (i.e. do not use battery power for boot), see if that changes anything.
  2. Update to the latest BIOS, https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-Vivobook-14-X405UR/HelpDesk_BIOS/, see if that helps
  3. Replace the wifi card with a new one

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.