My kids have the Hack computer, an Asus with Endless. Today they tried to go online and it says no WiFi adapter found. I tried to troubleshoot online but I don’t have any programming background and really don’t understand most of the answers. I did try to open Terminal because of one answer I was reading and I can’t find that either. I have 2 kids with lots of online quarantine homework, please help!
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:
- Open the application called ‘Terminal’
- In this application run the command:
- The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution
I tried to open it but even though I see it as enabled in the search list, when I search for it there is no result.
IDK how but we restar doe a 3rd time and now it works!
We are glad it worked. If you keep having the issue, you can also try the following:
Please download the most recent bios for this model here https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-Laptop-E406MA/HelpDesk_BIOS/ and copy it to a USB.
After you copy the file to an USB memory stick please follow these steps:
- Power on laptop that has the Wi Fi problem and hit F2 when you see the Asus Logo to get into BIOS
- Once in the BIOS, hit F7 to enter advanced mode
- Once in advanced mode, use the arrow keys on the laptop to move right (one
time) to the next page and then go down to “ASUS EZ Flash Utility”. Hit enter
- Inside of the Utility, it will load the USBs files. Use the right arrow to move right
(one time) and hit enter on “E406MA-AS.311.
- It will ask if you want to use this file, Hit enter on “Yes”
- It will then ask if you want to update BIOS (confirm version is Ver.311) Hit yes.
7.Then it will load a progress bar for the Flash (DO NOT TURN OF THE
8.Once it is finished it will say “Update is complete” The system will automatically
9.Let it run the reboot, and make sure it loads up to OS First boot experience
10.Once it is done, shut the machine down
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.