Not enough memory

Good day,
eos-diagnostic-191227_122058_UTC 0300.txt (607.1 КБ)

Endless OS is installed on the Acer All-In-One Aspire C22-820. Version of Endless is 3.4.6 (180806-092320). I am trying to update it to a newer version, as well as some apps, but they are not updating, just showing messages like «Sorry, something went wrong» in case of a new version or «min-free-space-size 500MB would be exceeded» in case of apps. Besides, Acer periodically freezes for a few seconds and every time it boots up, it shows message «Your computer has only 519,7 МБ of space available. To free up space, you can delete old files and empty the trash from the Documents file manager, or delete app you may not need from the App Center.»

As I understand, problems are caused by the shortage of a memory space. Is something possible to do with that?

It seems like your disk is running out of space. Can you please open a Terminal and run:

du --max-depth=1 -h ~

This will give you a first glimpse of where your space went to. If you want to dig deeper, use the directory name instead of ~

/edit: Just saw that your Filesystem is only 10 GiB large, which is way to small. Was this intended? Do you have set up dual boot?

I think there might have been a disk setup issue in the Acer production facility leading to your problem. It should be easy to correct. Can you please post open Terminal and run:

sudo fdisk -l /dev/sda

and paste the output here?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.