Nvidia Optimus Not Working

According to the website and other documentation I have seen EndlessOS should be able to detect and install the proper drivers for an Nvidia Optimus setup. I installed the OS on an older laptop for one of my kids however it did not detect the Nvidia card correctly and did not install the proprietary driver for it, or the driver from the bumblebee project. Any help would be greatly appreciated because framerates in some games are so bad they are unplayable. I love Endless and would love to keep it for them on here but can switch to edubuntu if this is a hurdle we can’t get over.
eos-diagnostic-200506_171416_UTC-0400.txt (2.2 MB)

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y

Ok completed the terminal run from above. Attached is the second diagnostic file after rebooting the machine post update.

eos-diagnostic-200506_200851_UTC-0400.txt (2.4 MB)

Thanks for your interest in Endless and for taking the time to reach out.
Endless OS does indeed automatically activate the official Nvidia driver when it finds supported hardware, but unfortunately, Nvidia has a habit of dropping support for older hardware from their updated releases.

The latest nvidia driver supported hardware is listed here:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159360/en-us
and unfortunately your GeForce GT 520M is not included.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll be tracking any advances that nvidia make to their Linux driver support and policies going forward in hope that this situation improves.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.