Onscreen Keyboard

So, I just installed Endless 3.2.0, and it’s a marvelous update. The screen keyboard now appears and functions properly throughout the OS, making it much easier to use on a touchscreen device. What’s missing is screen keyboard support within APPLICATIONS. Perhaps an icon in the task bar that would display and hide the screen keyboard, similar to Windows 8/10?

@Rocky_Carr

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dd-_ZsRL24QU5aT1NSX2J2MVU/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, I get that. Now show me a screen capture with the screen keyboard displayed while running LibreOffice, or Chrome, or Firefox, or Gmail or Encyclopedia, or Terminal… It doesn’t appear when I click into a text input field. Oddly enough, it DOES work in Evolution - go figure…

It gets worse. While initially it works in Chrome for instance, the keyboard sometimes starts to disappear and won’t come back. Also, if the keyboard is closed, realizing there is some further input is necessary klicking in a textfield often won’t get it back. There are at least two gnome extensions, “slide for keyboard” and “On screen keyboard button”, that do the job.

I keep seeing this issue…onscreen keyboard doesn’t work in most applications…this is bad if your like me and use a 2in1. Hopefully this will improve. In Gnome this feature works quite well.

Hey there, yeah the OSK isn’t great. There’s work going on upstream in GNOME to improve the keyboard but it’s still not perfect. I personally use a device with a touchscreen as well, so I’d love to see it work better, but it’s not going to happen terribly soon I’m afraid.