OS Password deleted (rejected) since Endless 6.0.1 update. Help

Hi,

I successfully enjoy Endless OS 5.1.4

After updating to Endless 6.0.1, logging was impossible. (password rejected!)

Hopefully, I could restart to previous OS 5.1.4 and log again.

I checked the caps and Num locks.

A message invited me to open pwreset.endlessos.org (with another device) to copy a code but there is no field to enter any code at pwreset.endlessos.org so I couldn’t obtain the unlock code. What was I supposed to enter?

eos-diagnostic-240622_112950_UTC-0400.txt (1006.1 KB)

EDIT
Each time I shut down or restart the computer, Endless 6.0.1 is back again and I can’t log in.

I have to go back to 5.1.4 every time. So maybe at the next minor update I won’t be able to log in at all anymore.

Can I definitively delete the 6.0.1 update so it won’t launch anymore? How can I do that?

( My password contains specific characters such as foreign accents. I changed the password to a simple one so it only contains standard letters, but the problem is the same at the next reboot. )

You can also give me here the unlock code so I can start using Endless 6.0.1. The verification code is 6181376

Thanks

To setup a new password, -as Endless 6.0.1 forgot the Endless 5.1.4 password, I have to obtain a verification code at /pwreset.endlessos.org. In order to do this, I first have to sign up at endless.me/signup. But when signing up, I do not received any email to finalize the signup process. There is no re-send button. I checked the spam box. They write I have to contact them if I do not receive the email, but where do I do that? I can’t sign up, so I can’t use pwreset.endlessos.org. Thanks for helping

You can also give me here the unlock code so I can start using Endless 6.0.1. The verification code is now 3715328

Boot into 5.1.4. Then run the following command in a Terminal window:

sudo ostree admin undeploy 0

I guess you are rebooting into 5.1.4, changing your password there, then booting back into 6.0.1. Due to a quirk of how this information is stored, your old password is still present in the 6.0.1 installation. If you uninstall 6.0.1 as described above, then allow it to be reinstalled, the new password will be used there too.

May I ask which keyboard layout you were previously using? If you press Shift+Space at the login screen, can you switch layout?

Are you signing up with Google; with Facebook; or with a username, email and password?

Either way, can you send me (in a private message if you prefer) the username/email you’re trying to use? I will check our server logs. Sorry you are having trouble with this.

I have sent you the unlock code in a private message.

Thank you Wj for your three helpful answers.

I first successfully entered the command “sudo ostree admin undeploy 0” . So now I can only boot Endless 5.1.4. Endless 6.0.1 is not proposed at the update tab for the moment.

The keyboard layout is AZERTY. (Shift+Space at the login screen doesn’t do anything, but I keep in mind that keyboard layout may be an issue here.)

EDIT D+1
I have just updated to Endless 6.0.1 (with the new password) and everything is OK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.