Pendrive error dusring install

Hi,

I’m trying to make a bootable USB device for Endless OS and it messed up two of my pendrives. First i tried with a 32GB USB3 device and i received the following message:

I tried again with a 16GB USB2 device and the same thin happened.
The problem is that now i can not see these pendrives from windows. Its like they are not attached to the computer but the Endless installer can see them.

In both cases i tried to make it with the basic edition.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Attila

@advancee

Thank you for your answer!

Please find two log files attached. One from yesterday and one from today morning.

EndlessInstaller20171112_13_56_24.log (1.5 MB)
EndlessInstaller20171113_07_29_42.log (44.0 KB)

Thanks,
Attila

Are these two logs from attempts with two different USB sticks? Have you tried again using the same USB stick after an error? If not, please:

• Run the installer
  • Attempt to write the USB stick
  • If you hit this error, press Try again and attempt to write the same disk again
  • If you hit this error again, attach the new log here.

The error you’re hitting is a new one to me:

07:30:21 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:4922 CEndlessUsbToolDlg::CreateUSBPartitionLayout
07:30:21 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:4986 Could not set drive layout. (GLE=[1393])
07:30:21 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:4799 Error on CreateUSBPartitionLayout (GLE=[1393])

Error code 1393 is ERROR_DISK_CORRUPT – weird since what we’re doing here is calling IOCTL_DISK_SET_DRIVE_LAYOUT_EX to partition the disk.

You can try using a tool like Rufus to reformat these disks so they’re usable again as regular USB sticks.

this is my eror stick usbEndlessInstaller20171113_16_05_39.log (46.6 KB)

@revil I’ve moved your post here because you’re hitting the same problem as @advancee (and a different problem to the thread you originally posted on). Please follow the same instructions I gave above.

Hi Wjt,

Thank you for your answer.
Please find new log attached. I just did what you told me above.
EndlessInstaller20171113_16_37_31.log (62.1 KB)

Thanks,
Attila

this is my log sir i try for 3 timesEndlessInstaller20171115_03_57_25.log (81.3 KB)

still eror sir, how to fix it?
because i want to install endles os single os in my pc

Hi, thanks for the extra information. I’m afraid I don’t have a solution right now but will work on it. You could try one of these workarounds:

• Try using an older version of the Endless Installer. The latest version (3.3.2.0) includes many changes to the USB stick creation process to resolve some very common issues but apparently they have introduced this new one. Try downloading 3.3.0.1 here, and see if it works better for you. (If you download it to the same folder as the existing installer and OS image files, you should not need to re-download the OS.)
  • If you want to reformat a computer, not install dual-boot with Windows, you can get an ISO file from the Linux/Mac tab on our download page and write it to USB using a tool like Rufus.