Please Help me. Laptop is running super slow

I have Endless os installed on my laptop with Intel celeron 1.10GHz with 4GB ram and 1TB HDD It was running fast but recently I updated OS version from settings and now my laptop is running super slow like even the mouse cursor is lagging and taking hours to process something please help me. I have tried everything even system management does not shows me full ram or overrated CPU percentage

Restart you pc, close all apps, is it any better after? For me is “slower” only when ram is consumed or many apps run at the same time. I can’t think of anything else that could make it slow. Maybe read and write speed of HDD is slow? No other idea in my mind about it.

No like I literally have just two files only on HdD ram does not shows me high usage but when I went to resources CPU was 100% both core usage I do not know why or what is using both cores for 100% and everything this happened after I updated the is to new version

Open System Monitor, click on Processes, then sort them by %CPU.

Ok I have done that and only one thing is running is “tracker-store” which is using CPU only and system monitor because I am using it right now but when I ended that process my laptop rebooted itself now it shows me process is using 50% of cpu usage and going higher

Maybe this is related to auto update are running? I have Automatic Updates on off, some times they turn them self on by them self. Try first to turn off Automatic Updates.

To do what link bellow say, do on your own risk Iam not expert. Or wait for Endless team to respond.
I found this link about “tracker-store”: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/464686-Solved-How-to-disable-tracker-store-processes-that-eat-100-CPU

Thank you for response

Is it any better now with Automatic Updates on off?

Nope still same and I can not even end it or stop process. It is using cores extremely. Like even mouse cursor is lagging out extremely hard. I can not go to the apps neither. I have searched something and it says it’s one of the GNOMEs file I still can not understand purpose of it

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Tracker is part of the GNOME infrastructure and indexes files. So, there are two possibilities when tracker-store and/or tracker-miner-fs consume a good share of CPU over a longer period of time:

1. You have copied a huge amount of new files onto your HDD which are now indexed.
  2. Tracker has some issues and has gone wild (occurs from time to time)

To verify the current status of tracker, open a Terminal and issue:

tracker status

This will show you what it’s currently doing. If it’s idle or the numbers don’t change over a longer time, execute:

tracker reset --hard

This command will completely wipe Trackers internal database and restarts indexing from scratch, which often resolves the issue with permanently eating up your CPU.

Ok I am seeing status right now there is only 18 files and free remaining space is 935GB I guess it doesn’t have problem now should I reset tracker yeah

Ok I don’t see it on monitoring and CPU percentage is lowered down thank you so much I could not do anything. Thanks really. But what will happen if it will show up again should I reset it again. But it seems to be slow still should I reboot

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.