Poor performance, high memory and CPU % consumption

I’ve seen other users reported this, Endless freezes constantly, thanks to the system monitor I managed to kill some process, something named ----Tracker, can’t recall exact name.

It improves and stops the freezing cycle but still the consumption of resources is very high.
how can I find and kill whatever is causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Mr. Glinglo

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Can you please open a Terminal and run

htop

This will display details about the CPU and Memory usage. Sort by CPU-Usage with Shift-P and Memory-Usage with Shift-M. Look a while at it and identify the process(es) which cause the issue.

Post the result here.

awesome, you guys!.
I will test your suggestions and send the outcome.
I’ll let you know.
Thanks in advance and happy 2020!

Thank you, I’m attaching 2 files, one from september last year and another from today

eos-diagnostic-200103_204726_UTC-0600.txt (3.6 MB)

eos-diagnostic-190918_195949_UTC-0500.txt (2.9 MB)

here’s the results, I’m attaching screenshots, I must say this is after killing the “tracker-extract” process, otherwise I just can’t work, the cycle takes around 10 secs to compltely freeze everything, then you can work for another 10" until it stops and so on.

Thanks in advance

Your Problem seems related to a Bug in GNOME Tracker. Until the bug gets fixed, the only workaround is to disable GNOME Tracker.

Open a Terminal and run:

systemctl --user mask tracker-store.service tracker-miner-fs.service tracker-extract.service tracker-writeback.service
tracker reset --hard
reboot

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.