Privacy setting for microphone keeps reverting to On by itself

Every time after I turn the privacy setting for microphone to Off, it keeps reverting to On after restart (at least in Endless OS 3.7). Why is that? I never use the camera or microphone so I want the default setting to stay the way I set it, Off.
Is there anything I can do to fix this behavior?

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

@LeandroStanger: I tested the same behavior on a machine with a fresh install. Same thing happened. To reproduce my problem I don’t think you need to collect so much data about my system. Try a machine with an internal microphone installed.
I’m also not happy about the eos-diagnostics command collecting machine and components’ serial numbers, IP addresses etc. without (or against) user’s consent. I was asked on install about collecting data and the system did collect all this information after I expressly disallowed it to do so.
I am reluctant to send you this file because the system disregarded my option to not track what I’m doing and because I don’t know you.

If you don’t understand the problem but sincerely want to, on a machine with an internal microphone installed, you can reproduce the problem like this:

1. In the privacy page (from settings) set the microphone to Off
  2. Restart the machine
  3. Check the privacy setting for the microphone if it’s Off

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.