Put Java in endless OS

Put Java 11-17 in App center now

This is not how things work in Endless OS, the Java VM needs to be bundled with a specific application.

For example, the Flatpak version of Minecraft Java Edition bundles the required Java VM needed by the game, you don’t have to install it individually.

knew you would respond, I see your active. The reason I need java is because of Tlauncher, my friend is using endless os and we have been trying for weeks to make Tlauncher work, so we decided on getting Java since he doesn’t have that. But now the only way to get Tlauncher to work is by getting a new computer.
Oh, and btw, I know that Tlauncher is a pirated software, but my friends parents won’t buy Minecraft for him, so the only way we can play minecraft is through tlauncher. I do have minecraft, I bought it 1 year ago, but still, I want to play with my friend something other than roblox and tf2

Will take a look into TLauncher when back at home on Monday. If possible i will provide a short tutorial on how to get TLauncher/Minecraft running.

You don’t know how grateful I am!!! Me and my friend will play minecraft finally!!! He would be so happy, finally, we can start an SMP and we can play bedwars! Thank you soooo muchh!!! :grin:

Below a quickhack on how to get TLauncher+Minecraft in EOS. Perform the following commands in Terminal. This will:

1. Fetch and install OpenJDK directly beneath your home directory
  2. Fetch and unpack TLauncher directly beneath your home directory
  3. Create a Desktop shortcut called “TLauncher” to start it from the Desktop
cd ~
wget https://github.com/adoptium/temurin11-binaries/releases/download/jdk-11.0.17%2B8/OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_linux_hotspot_11.0.17_8.tar.gz
gzip -dc OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_linux_hotspot_11.0.17_8.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
wget --content-disposition "https://dl2.tlauncher.org/f.php?f=files%2FTLauncher-2.86.zip"
mkdir ~/tlauncher
pushd ~/tlauncher
unzip ~/TLauncher-2.86.zip
mkdir -p ~/.local/share/applications
cat << EOF | tee ~/.local/share/applications/TLauncher.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=TLauncher
Exec=/sysroot/home/$(whoami)/jdk-11.0.17+8/bin/java -jar -Xmx1024M /sysroot/home/$(whoami)/tlauncher/TLauncher-2.86.jar
EOF
chmod +x ~/.local/share/applications/TLauncher.desktop
gio set ~/.local/share/applications/TLauncher.desktop metadata::trusted yes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.