Endless OS 3.7.8 was released for existing users today (March 9th, 2020). Downloadable images for new users will be available in the next few days.
NVIDIA Graphics Driver Fix
Endless OS 3.7.7 introduced a bug where NVIDIA graphics cards would stop working if Secure Boot was enabled. This is fixed for Endless OS 3.7.8, and available since 3.7.8~beta1. If your computer does not start as a result of this problem, please follow these instructions to use an older version of Endless, then install this update.
Other Improvements and Changes
- Updated Chromium web browser. We’ve updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.122 bringing new security fixes to Endless’ built-in web browser.
- First boot Wi-Fi configuration improvements. With certain Wi-Fi hardware, the wireless connection settings page would not be displayed when setting up a computer for the first time. This is now fixed.
- Endless Platform updates fixed. Some updates to the Endless Platform were not being displayed or could not be applied using the App Center. This is now fixed. If you do not see results from installed applications when searching on the desktop, make sure you have installed any available Endless Platform updates in the App Center.
- App installation performance improvements. Flatpak – the technology used to install apps on Endless OS – has gained a fix to improve performance when installing new applications, both when using the App Center and from the command line.
- Installed applications list in App Center is incomplete. Applications installed from .flatpak bundles don’t show up as installed in the App Center right after installation. This issue can be worked around by logging out and logging back in.