Endless OS 3.8.2 was released for existing users today, June 8th, 2020.
Downloadable images for new users will be available in the next few days.
Improvements and Changes
- We’ve updated to Chromium 83.0.4103.61 bringing new improvements and security fixes to Endless’ built-in web browser.
- A problem with dual-boot installations intermittently failing to boot has been fixed. If you are experiencing this, be sure to update to 3.8.2~beta1 or newer.
- The App Center was updated and has now a much improved progress indicator when installing or updating applications.
- Sometimes application updates were not automatically installed when automatic updates were turned on. This is now fixed.
- Since 3.8.0 unlocking your screen would sometimes cause the icons to disappear from your desktop or rearrange themselves. This is no longer an issue.
- Applications installed from "Get " icons in the desktop should now immediately appear on the desktop once the installation is complete.
- On previous versions launching “Get Skype” or “Get Unity” and installing the app would not remove the “Get” launcher from the desktop. This is now fixed.
- Some apps which previously had dark title bars now have light title bars, consistent with core applications like App Center (Endless applications such as Encyclopedia will follow this change in future releases).
- The App Center was updated to fix an issue that could cause background/automatic software updates to be downloaded and installed very slowly in some specific circumstances.