Endless OS 3.8.5 was released for existing users today, August 10th, 2020.
Downloadable images for new users will be available in the next few days.
Updated hardware support
- The Linux kernel has been updated to include the stable fixes from Linux 5.4.41 and Ubuntu’s kernel version 5.4.0-39.43.
- New firmware files have been included in linux-firmware, to support some Intel Open Sound Firmware devices and Realtek’s RTL8822C Bluetooth adapter.
- Headset microphone support has been fixed on the Acer TravelMate B311R-31 and Acer Veriton N4660G laptops.
- VirtualBox Guest Additions has been updated to version 6.1.6.
- This release includes fixes for booting Endless on the Raspberry Pi 4 model with 8 GB of memory.
Other Improvements and Changes
- We’ve updated to Chromium 84.0.4147.105 bringing new improvements and security fixes to Endless’ built-in web browser.
- The App Center was updated to fix an issue where some pending software updates were not getting applied correctly.
- The Hack icon on the desktop should now properly hide/show itself when the application is disabled/enabled via parental controls.
- The “Give us feedback” user menu now points users to our community forum.