Removing accounts from Endless system

Hello everyone.

I am giving my laptop with endless system away and I would like to remove all user accounts from the computer but the issue i encountered is that to remove account i have to make a new one which then i am not able to remove. I cant also remove account that i am logged into.

Could you advise me if there is any option to do it ?

If you have gone through the FBE on an Endless machine and want to delete all the users and their home directories so it will go through the FBE again on next boot, here’s one way to do so:

1. Log in as the primary user (not shared)
  2. Open the Terminal (search “terminal” in the desktop search)
  3. Type sudo su and hit Enter
  4. Type passwd and hit Enter
  5. Type password and hit Enter, then type password and hit Enter again. No characters will show while you’re typing it.
  6. Remove the WiFi network: {nav Settings > Network > gear icon > Reset > Forget}
  7. Log out of the user using the menu in the bottom right.
  8. While you’re at the screen showing the users, hit Ctrl + Alt + F2 so a command line interface appears.
  9. Type root at the Login: prompt and hit Enter
  10. Type password and hit Enter
  11. Type eos-list-users to see the users, for example test and shared
  12. Type userdel -r test and hit Enter (replace test with whatever username you made)
  13. Type userdel -r shared and hit Enter
  14. Type passwd -l root and hit Enter
  15. Type reboot
2 Likes

Hello!

I have followed the steps you described, but i have encountered problems!

On step 10, when i type my password it says “Login incorrect”. I have re-done all the steps again just to be sure it wasn’t me typing the password incorrectly.

I want to point out that step 5 is non-existent for me. After i type my password and hit Enter on step 4, on the screen appears “root@endless:/sysroot/home/user#”. If type my password, the characters are shown and if i hit enter the next text is: “bash: password: command not found”.

Edit: Nevermind, i was doing something very dumb. I resolved the problem and then i could follow the rest of the steps perfectly. Thanks a lot!

Does this means you are returned at the begining when you are asked to create a new profile ? and does it works

Thanks