Roumanian keyboard doesn't work

I activated the Romanian keyboard on Endless 3.2.3, but it doesn’t work. There are a few special characters like ș,ț,ă,î,â that I can’t manage to make it work in Endless.

I went to Region & Language, then I added Romanian to the Keyboard Layouts section.

Any clue on what might be wrong? Do I have to change any settings in the Input Method Configuration – I’ve already tried to change a few settings there without any success.

I run Ubuntu on a different machine, and things work fine there (with the same settings, I think).

Thanks!

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

I went to Region & Language, then I added Romanian to the Keyboard Layouts section.

@mircealex did you move Romanian to the top (or remove all other layouts)? Otherwise you’ll probably still be using whatever was there before. If you want to keep multiple layouts, you can switch with Win+Space or using the menu near the clock.

I would expect that, if it works in Ubuntu, it’ll work in Endless. Our control center and shell are a bit different in many ways but I don’t think keyboard layouts are one of them. I selected “Romanian → Romanian”, switched to that layout, and was able to type ș,ț,ă,î,â by holding the right Alt key (which is labeled AltGr on UK keyboards) and pressing s,t,a,i,q respectively.

1 Like

The problem was that I didn’t know that I had to press the right Alt key (I think had only tried the left one) on the layout I was using.

I was using this layout named “Romanian”, which I found quite weird because I was used to a completely different layout. Then I took a closer look on the layout I use on Ubuntu, and it turns out that I use “Romanian (standard)”, not “Romanian”. The nice part is that I was able to find "Romanian (standard) on Endless too.

Thanks a lot for your input @wjt and @LeandroStanger.