installing scilab in endless and when executing a code it does not show the graphs. This did not happen to me with the previous version of endless
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:
- Open the application called ‘Terminal’
- In this application run the command:
- The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution
I reproduced this problem. The following error is shown when Scilab is run from a Terminal window:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" javax.media.opengl.GLException: Caught GLException: Not a GL2 implementation on thread AWT-EventQueue-0
This appears to be a known issue in Scilab. This page on the Scilab wiki documents some workarounds. The workaround that worked in my testing is:
- Install Flatseal using the App Center
- Launch Flatseal
- Search for “Scilab” using the search button at the top-left
- Scroll to the Environment section, press the
+to add a new environment variable, then enter
Now, the next time you start Scilab, plotting should work.
I forwarded your report to the volunteer developers responsible for the Scilab build available on Endless OS.
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
A quick update here: I fixed the issue in a better way in the Scilab build, along with updating to the 2023.0.0 build. The workaround is no longer needed.