Screen Flickering - Asus Zenbook UM431D

I’ve purchased a new laptop. It is an Asus Zenbook UM431D with AMD® Ryzen 5 3500u with radeon vega mobile gfx × 8 and the screen is flickering - horizontal lines on the top part of the screen - from left to right.
I’ve updated Endless and also reinstalled it as well - factory reset. The issue is constant - it is visible if watching anything on youtube.

I’ve attached the diagnostic file - diagnostic completed after the factory reset.

Please assist.

eos-diagnostic-210403_200750_UTC 0300.txt (1.2 MB)

Please find the EOS Diagnostic File.

I took a screenshot and dragged the screenshot around the screen - and in the same exact area the line (image) distorts. I did move the laptop up and down and there is no image distortion when the physical device is moved, only on screen. I did update endless to the latest firmware - again, the same issue appears. I can’t change to 40Hz or 60Hz on endless? Or can I manually update the AMD driver?

Should I return my laptop and get another one?

Thank you,
Best Regards

1 Like

Can you please run the following command, then reboot and check if the profile still persists:

echo AMD_DEBUG=nodmacopyimage‍ | sudo tee -a /etc/environment

(Reference: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/2814)

Well, I’ve just returned the laptop now. I have purchased another one the OLED 13inch one.

Nevertheless, thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.