Sorry, you can't run .exe on endless

how can I install app in endless? I tried to install aps. and updates but I always receive this message. “sorry, you can’t run .exe on endless.”

@mika
From version 3.0 on, Endless OS uses Flatpak, a new app distribution system for Linux

then what type of flatpack should I use? these are the only flatpack available from http://flatpak.org/getting.html

Alpine
A flatpak package is available in the testing repository.
sudo apk add flatpak

Arch
A flatpak package is available in the official repositories. flatpak-git is also available in the AUR for the latest development snapshot.
sudo pacman -S flatpak

For development of Flatpak applications using flatpak-builder these dependencies are required:
sudo pacman -S --asdeps --needed elfutils patch

Debian
A flatpak package is available in Debian Stretch and newer. To install, run the following as root:
apt install flatpak
For Debian Jessie, a flatpak package is available in the official backports repository.

Fedora
A flatpak package is available for Fedora 23 and newer. To install, run the following:
sudo dnf install flatpak

Gentoo
An unofficial overlay is available here.

Mageia
A flatpak package is available for Mageia 6 and newer. To install, run the following as root:
If using DNF
dnf install flatpak
If using urpmi
urpmi flatpak

openSUSE
Flatpak is available as a 1-click install for Leap 42.1 and 42.2 and Tumbleweed. It can also be installed on Tumbleweed using Zypper:

sudo zypper install flatpak

Ubuntu
For Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and 17.04 a PPA is available. To install, run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
sudo apt update
sudo apt install flatpak
A flatpak package is available in Ubuntu 16.10 and newer via universe, however this is an older version, and it’s recommended that you use the one from the PPA.

Cant see any flatpack for endless

1 Like

@mika
http://flatpak.org/apps.html
flathub.org

Open the app centre: many apps are available right there! Endless OS comes with built-in support for Flatpak. If you want to add Flathub, just follow these instructions from https://flathub.org/ (emphasis mine):

If you are on Arch, Debian Stretch (or later), Endless OS, Fedora 25 (or later), Mageia 6 (or later), or OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, you can download the repository file and use GNOME Software to install it.

Update, 7th December: Recent versions of Endless OS automatically enable Flathub, so just ensure you’ve installed any OS update offered in Settings → Details (restarting if prompted), and all the Flathub apps should show up in the app centr.

1 Like

здравствуйте я не могу открыть не один файл загруженный с интернета!!! пишет так же «Извините, вы не можете запустить .exe на бесконечном» you can install applications from our app centr. я 2 недели пытаюсь разобраться, что только не делал. не открывает файлы exe и файлы для linux которые скачиваю тоже нет. os 3 endless ver 3.3.2.

@artimstr
From version 3.0 on, Endless OS uses Flatpak, a new app distribution system for Linux