Stampante Samsung Xpress M2026W richiesta aiuto

Ciao a tutti,

Qualcuno può aiutarmia installare la stampante Samsung Xpress M2026W?
E’ una stampante laser USB e wireless.
Vorrei farla funzionare in wireless ma non riesco neanche a farla funzionare via USB.
Ho seguito varie guide su internet e letto un po di documentazione dal sito del produttore( samsung ora è HP).
Ho installato i driver del sito del produttore via terminale, la stampante la vedo installata ma non ne vuole sapere di funzionare.
Quando collegata via usb alla stampa della pagina di prova mi da errore.
Quando provo a installarla via CUP mi chiede un file ppd che non so dove trovare.

Grazie a tutti

@rock What version of Endless OS are you using?
To check which version of Endless OS you are in Settings :arrow_right: Details

3.5.3 (181213-123044)

thanks

@mario @wjt @ramcq Could help?

yes thanks
I cannot print usb nor wireless
tell me how could I tell you to help me
thanks

M2020
M2020 (Idle, Accepting Jobs, Not Shared)
Description: Samsung M2020 Series
Driver: Generic Text-Only Printer (grayscale)
Connection: ipp://***.**..***/ipp/print
Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided

Print Test Page
Print Test Page M2020 Error

Unable to print test page:

Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-pdf-banner".

I might be mistaken, but I believe Endless might not include a driver for this particular printer out of the box, as it can’t be shipped with the OS because of licensing related matters.

Still, if you want to give it a try, you could attempt to manually install it from here:
https://support.hp.com/hk-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/samsung-xpress-sl-m2026-laser-printer-series/16462610/model/16462614/swItemId/fp-194243-2

Bear in mind, though, that the /usr filesystem is read-only in Endless, so you might need to adapt a bit the installation of the driver if it tries to install in there (probably installing it somewhere else under /var/ instead, which is read-write e.g. /var/printer-drivers/samsung-m2020), and then install it from the PPD file provided in the uld_V1.00.39_01.17.tar.gz file you’d be downloading, but it might actually work.

Good luck!
Mario

Hi,

May you help me to adapt the installation of the driver under /var and then install the ppd file?

Thanks
regards

I’m sorry but without more knowledge (and ideally, access to) about that printer, I can’t really help you adapt it because I’m not entirely sure how the driver is, works, gets installed…

All I can do is suggesting you look, if possible, into where it installs the files and see if you can manually put them somewhere under /var or /opt (which you can write into). Then, once placed in a specific place, you’ll probably have to search for a .PPD file in the installed location and modify it with a text editor in case it points out internally to the paths the driver was meant to be installed into.

Sorry not to be more precise but, as you can imagine, there are way too many variables and I can’t really advise you more closely on this particular case. I hope this is helpful in any case, though.

Good luck,
Mario

PS: To be clear, I no longer work at Endless. I do this entirely on my spare time, which is once again why I can’t really devote more time/energy than this in the forum, sorry.

thanks alot for your help

1 Like