Steam does not start

Hello after the update 3.5.8 (190408-101601) steam does not start. he used to work at least somehow, but now he does not enter at all. thank you you try hard (((

flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam --reset

I tried to start it by writing "an error. You lack the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not start:
libc.so.6

Just update Steam and Runtime (Freedesktop Application Platform) by App Center

1. Open the application called β€˜Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam --reset
flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam

1. Open the application called β€˜Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

flatpak install flathub org.freedesktop.Platform.Compat.i386 -y

Hi,
interesting case, the Flatpak β€œorg.freedesktop.Platform.Compat.i386” is a extension to β€œcom.valvesoftware.Steam” and should normally get installed automatically alongside. Can you please run the following:

flatpak run --command=sh com.valvesoftware.Steam
(a Shell within Steam’s Flatpak Sandbox opens)

ls -la /app/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc*

This will output the available 32 bit libraries provided by the β€œorg.freedesktop.Platform.Compat.i386” Flatpak. Please post the output here.

1 Like

This is a known issue with the current version of the App Center in Endless OS. We expect it to be fixed in a forthcoming update, likely 3.6.1 or 3.6.2. In the meantime the workaround is to open a terminal and run:

flatpak install --system flathub org.freedesktop.Platform.Compat.i386 -y

Please do not report this to the Flathub Steam maintainers.

1 Like

I entered your commands, then deleted steam and installed. it works, you are the best)))) thank you very much. steam works and sound in games has appeared. thank you, you are the hero of my day hahah. maybe you can tell me how to make it so that you can see the list of friends in stea m?

@LeandroStanger on https://github.com/flathub/com.valvesoftware.Steam/issues/120 you said:

This has been fixed with the latest Steam Beta update

What did you mean, exactly? (I was never able to reproduce this.)

This bug does not happen with the latest Steam Beta update which contains many fixes and improvements to Steam

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.