Steam don't start properly

So,i installed ndlessOS i login’d to facebook, google etc(not matter) i find the steam in app center, installed… when i started it it just load and load and load when i alt tabbed to other app its closed. i don’t find any topic for this problem.
Sorry for my English, i just learn it

Endless os version 3.3.3 (171112-162552)

@Pek_Balint
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-171118_124131_UTC 0100.txt (482.4 KB)

Did you find a solution? No one replies to these threads…

@mhall119 Could help

I installed Steam from the app center, and it launched once to update. Then it shut down and I can’t get it to start up again. I have updated to the latest version of Endless(3.3.4). Tried restarting my laptop, and uninstalling Steam, but it didn’t work. Any ideas?eos-diagnostic-171203_233247_UTC 0200.txt (402.6 KB)

It looks like you might be having a driver issue. @ramcq or @wjt can you take a look at this? There are libGL errors in the log file around the time Steam is trying to run.

1 Like

Hey everybody! Just letting you know we’re looking into the issue and should come up with a solution in the coming days. We know the importance of Steam, so we thank you for your patience while we’re finding a proper fix. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Im trying to istall steam for a cuple of times and try to open it and it doesnt appearing … how can i really fix it

eos-diagnostic-180828_023217_UTC 0300.txt (476.0 KB)

rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update

It say “error: one or more operations failed”

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

Steam still dont start :frowning:

What version of Endless OS are you using?

Settings :arrow_right: Details

3.3.17 (180423-194424)

Restart your computer

The same thing happened

sudo eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update

1. Restart your computer