Steam game GRİS

Hello
I have purchased a laptop with Endless 3.4.2-nexthw1 (180612-064059). This is my first time with Linux. Steam client runs on sytem well and i can play all games in my library except by one. Name of the game is Gris. The problem is game is running till maine menu. After clicking new game system freezes and needs to be restarted. On github forums source of the problem is intro video. Sytem does not support Media Foundation. And the solution is copying a win7 system32 files to my sytem. That is to complicaated for me. I am very new to linux. Also phoenicis application does not make anything. How can i fix this problem. Endless does not accept any other download excep by App center. How can i upgrade my version?
Need help.

Thanks for help.

Upgrade to Endless OS 3.6.2 by App Center

It does not update. It says its already up to date.

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update -y

Warning: runtime/org.gnome.Platform.Locale/x86_64/3.24 is end-of-life, with reason: GNOME 3.24 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th January 2019. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Warning: runtime/org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/3.24 is end-of-life, with reason: GNOME 3.24 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th January 2019. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.

It does not work.

@wjt Could help? :endless:

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-190810_142853_UTC 0300.txt (1007.7 KB)

Here is the file.

The warning about runtime/org.gnome.Platform.Locale/x86_64/3.24 is not relevant to this problem.

I guess you have found this thread https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/2516 . This game does not appear to have a Linux version; Steam has a built-in emulation layer, based on Wine, which attempts to run Windows games on Linux. This emulation layer is incomplete, and you’re running into a known issue.

Apart from the workaround steps referenced on that issue, I’m afraid there are no other steps you can take; we can hope that either the publisher releases a native Linux version of the game, or that Valve is able to improve the emulation layer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.