Steam wont open

im on version 3.3.19 (180611-160226) and when i click on steam all apps turn grey but nothing happens i tried reinstalling it still nothing Help

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
rm -f eos-update-flatpak-repos
wget --quiet https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-boot-helper/e510a0b4/eos-update-flatpak-repos
chmod +x eos-update-flatpak-repos
sudo ./eos-update-flatpak-repos
flatpak install flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice -y
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
  1. Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

Hey when i click Check for updates it then says that it is installing updates but after a while it says Update failed…

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

I highly recommend to update to the latest version of EOS, which is 3.7.5 at the time of writing. Open a terminal and type:

eos-updater-ctl  update

If this does not work for some reasons or terminates with an error, please provide us with a eos-diagnostics report, by typing:

eos-diagnostics

This will generate a file named something like eos-diagnostics…txt in your home directory. Attach this file here in this thread.

I have this problem with steam when i launched nothing happens all apps go grey
running Endless Os 3 version 3.3.19-nexthw1 (180613-005440)
eos-diagnostic-200112_104024_UTC 0100.txt (630.9 KB)

rm -f eos-update-flatpak-repos
wget --quiet https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-boot-helper/e510a0b4/eos-update-flatpak-repos
chmod +x eos-update-flatpak-repos
sudo ./eos-update-flatpak-repos
flatpak install flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice -y
  1. Now try the operating system upgrade again and go to Endless OS 3.7.6

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

done and it worked but now steam is stuck in updating , verifying installation

should I unistall steam and install it back , but again how to uninstall i dont know

flatpak kill com.valvesoftware.Steam
flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam --reset
flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam

stiil stuck didnt work ,

still stuck , i tried it didnt work

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-200112_221842_UTC 0100.txt (1.7 MB)

there you go
eos-diagnostic-200112_221842_UTC 0100.txt (1.7 MB)

what do i do ? help me plz

it dosent work … what should i do

Jan 12 21:59:01 endless com.valvesoftware.Steam.desktop[5577]: glXChooseVisual failed
Jan 12 21:59:01 endless com.valvesoftware.Steam.desktop[5577]: glXChooseVisual failedMain.cpp (332) : Assertion Failed: Fatal Error: glXChooseVisual failed
Jan 12 21:59:01 endless com.valvesoftware.Steam.desktop[5577]: Main.cpp (332) : Assertion Failed: Fatal Error: glXChooseVisual failed

According to https://github.com/flathub/com.valvesoftware.Steam/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions#glxchoosevisual-failed :

If you’re using nVidia, this may mean Flatpak is running userspace drivers that are incompatible with your host installation. The first thing to try is to do flatpak update in terminal.

I see that you have already done this – and yet I see from your diagnostic file that no nvidia Flatpak drivers are installed. Try:

flatpak install --system flathub org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-430-40 org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.nvidia-430-40

@Daniel @jprvita do either of you know any more about what appears to be an nvidia driver issue?

1 Like

it worked , and steam runned , it opened and said updating and installing , let it run and everything but now its stuck in updating and verifying installation , window pops up with that , but it crushes and closes , i will try your steps and see if it works but if you want to check my problem here is the eos-diagnostic-200115_190446_UTC 0100.txt (4.5 MB)

Uploading: Peek 2020-01-15 19-09.gif…