Strange misbehavior of selection in gnome applications

I had suspected AppCenter problems, but in the meantime I think that this is a symptom of a more severe problem. When I try to use FlatSeal or Logs similar problems occur, in FlatSeal I cannot change the current selected app in the left navigation (most of the time) by a single click on the app, double click works sometimes, although only in rare exceptional cases, but most of the times nothing happens. Same in Logs: I can select in the last boots drop down, but when I click in the left navigation (Important, All, Applications, System, Security, Hardware) nothing happens (also most of the time, in rare cases a selection happens). I guess this is a problem also in other applications, but for these three (AppCenter, FlatSeal, Logs) I was able to reproduce the behaviour (except that I have no clue, why and when the selection works). I suspect that it is some problems in accessing a message bus due to some errors I saw in the output of journalctl.
eos-diagnostic-230720_115306_UTC 0200.txt (1.3 MB)
What can I do further to help in tracking down the problem.

The problem may be caused by an interaction with “Another Windows Session Manager” and/or the “Gnome Extension Manager”. I installed both due to my desire to have something similar to hibernate and the hints I got from @wove and @wjt but I encountered problems with it.

Apparently the problems have been resolved in the same mysterious way as they started. Currently everything is working without any problems. I am still curious, what could have caused the misbehaviour. I had a deficient Gnome extension installed, which was disabled. This might have been the reason, but I am not sure.

The problems returned. I still have no idea why and what I could do for testing.
I include a new eos-diagnostic-230803_123236_UTC 0200.txt (1.6 MB)

in the meantime, I found out that this problems seem to be tight to my account. I created a new user (with admin rights) and when I log in as that new user, selecting in the left pane in logs, app center and flatseal works as expected.

But I have no idea how I could track down the problems in my profile.

still struggling. My normal account is not really usable and I don’t have any idea how to migrate my settings from my old, misbehaving account to the new account.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.