Stuck during the start of the installation

Hello,

I’m trying to install Endless on an HP dc5750 microtower PC. It has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ processor and 2 GB of RAM. The computer should be powerful enough to run the OS.

The problem that I’m encountering is that the installer won’t even start.

I boot from my USB containing the installation (created using Rufus) and after a few seconds the Endless logo appears. Then the logo starts disappearing and reappearing every 2, or so, seconds, like it’s stuck in a loop.
Then after around 10 seconds the logo disappears and now only the cursor is visible, but it also starts appearing/disappearing every few seconds.
This is the moment when the installation stops, it’s just stuck in some kind of loop.

I don’t know if there is a way to extract a log file during this part of the installation?

Do you know what could be the problem?

To me this sounds like X11 starting and immediately exiting for some reason. Does the same USB stick work in another machine? Does Ubuntu boot from USB on this machine?

The best way I can see would be to disable the Endless logo splash screen and increase the verbosity of boot messages.

1. Follow the first 2–3 steps of https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003751803-After-an-update-my-computer-does-not-boot-How-do-I-recover- to get to the GRUB menu
  2. Press e to edit the Endless OS entry in the menu
  3. Using the arrow keys and the delete key, remove the words quiet and splash from the line beginning linux
  4. Press F10 to boot

You should now see a lot of verbose output while booting the system. If anything looks interesting, please take a photo.