System fails to boot after upgrade to 3.8.0

The update broke the system for me, :pensive: I was using Endless without any problems for the last three months, did the update two days ago and restarted, everything was fine, turn off the computer. Yesterday when I turn on the computer it got stucked on boot screen forever, as I have a backup of all my files, I tried uninstall and install again without success it’s stucked on boot screen. I’m using the system alongside Windows 7 that’s still working normally. I didn’t find any hardware problems on my system monitoring. Please help me, don’t know what happened or should do. I uninstall again, making now a Drive Wiper to erase data on HD free space, to proceed with a new installation to see if it works.

2 Likes

Is the boot screen that it was stuck on the one with the Endless logo? If so, you could press the Escape key to see the log output, and post that here.

1 Like

I took a photo from the screen, black screen with three squares two oranges and one white. And remain as this:

1 Like

Not sure what that is, sorry

Same thing with me. When the endless disappears, my screen goes black as it was turned off.

1 Like

Help please.

I solved the problem by clicking ESC button right after i turned on my laptop, and then the system showed my to choose between the 3.7.8 and 3.8. I chose the 3.7.8 and managed to start the system normally.

1 Like

Qual é a sua placa gráfica e o modelo é Nvidia, AMD ou intel?

Olá Leandro, Nvidia GT 730 rev.b1 - 2gb 64bit Gddr5 Galax. O resto da minha configuração é MB Asus p5kpl-am-ckd-visum si, CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93ghz, Memória 2x 2gb Kingston PC2-6400 800mhz, HD Seagate st3500312cs 500gb - 5900rpm.

Se você puder observar algo que possa ajudar aí, muito obrigado desde já!

Please, generate a debug log by following the instructions below, then attach it here. It contains hardware information and log messages which may help us understand the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.