The full very large Endless OS is just wonderful

I have been using Endless OS for some time. I have installed it and reinstalled it several times. About three weeks ago I decided to do another fresh install and this time around I decided to download the full 14GB (English) ISO. The download took a long time to complete, but the resulting ISO flashed to a USB drive and installed easily.

It really makes a world of difference. I find my fresh install with all the extra added content to be much more enjoyable to use. The content is useful and well presented. Indeed with the full setup one can spend a great deal of enjoyable time exploring without many resources for the internet.

Before I downloaded the big ISO I looked through the Endless web site to see if you perhaps sold a pre built ISO, like Ubuntu does. It appears that Endless is no longer selling any thing besides the extra codecs. I was really impressed with the full Endless package and it would be nice if you offered USB sticks for the full install. I of course hope you do continue to make your computers.

bill

1 Like

no, but the store website is very obscure or in some sense broken.

Try https://store.endlessm.com/ and you will see their products, but do not try to click on the “product” link in the top navigation of the store, it will take you to their main site, where no link to their store can be found.

I gave them notice and some good soul named Aber Chay took notice on 07-Jan-2018, confirming that this “defintely is a bug”. (S)he wrote that it is escalated as an issue to the design team. My issue in turn was closed on 10-Jan-2018, but nothing happened. It is still the same behaviour: You have to guess this store link or that store link and it is very easy to leave the store by accident.

We don’t offer them ourselves, but you can purchase one from OSDisc with either the Basic 2GB install of the full 14 GB English version.

1 Like