The wonderful Endless OS gui

hello to all,
I have seen that endless os is based on ubuntu, right?
So, if that is true, is it possible to configure ubuntu to use/have the endless os gui (I really like it, seems android gui)?

Is it possible to do?
Am I a dreamer? :smiley:

Thanks in advance,
Nat

In theory, it should work, as the entire User interface is implemented as a set of GNOME Extensions, namely:

eos-panel@endlessm.com
eos-desktop@endlessm.com

Without those two, the Endless Desktop looks like plain vanilla GNOME. You can find their source in the following two repositories:

Your options are to either build the extension by yourself or simply grab them from a working EOS installation, they are located under:

/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions

Let us know if that worked - don’t forget to enable the extension with the gnome-extensions tool.

Hi egrath,
thanks for your celery response.
I think I will try to simply grab them and put they on a installed ubuntu system :smiley: .
As soon as possible I will try the tips described.

Many many thanks,
Nat

Hi egrath,
I have tried to install Ubuntu 20.10 on my Lenovo X201T, but I have a problem…
The wacom touchscreen work when I install the OS, but it (the touchscreen) don’t work anymore when I reboot the installed system.

Without the touchscreen the pc it’s a bit useless (i like to use the touchscreen and gestures) :smiley:
I have seen that Fedora use Gnome too (and the touchscreen should work always), can I try to use the eos extension on Fedora?

Regards,
Nat

You can use the extension on every Distribution which uses the correct GNOME Version (if you are using the Binaries from EOS)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.