Touch pad on Asus X540SA-BPD0602V intermittently stops functioning. EndlessOS 3.1

I was testing one of the endless laptops and the touch pad went out upon booting up. Restarting the machine fixed the issue, but it’s somewhat bothersome to have users reboot to fix issues.

@kevin
Anyway, something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

I grabbed the file in question after running eos-diagnostics, luckily the touchpad was even not working when I got it.eos-diagnostic-170131_113047_UTC-0800.txt (562.7 KB)

I just bought an ASUS X541NA-GO017 that comes with Endless OS installed.
The touchpad stops working when the system wakes after suspend (press power button). The Fn+F9 (enable/disable touchpad) does not fix the problem.
After restart the touchpad is working again.
The USB mouse is working always.

Could be this a hardware problem? Should I return it?

Here are the eos-diagnostic files:
eos-diagnostic-touchpad_working_andUsbMouse.txt (4.1 MB)
eos-diagnostic-touchpad_NOTworking_afterSuspend.txt (4.2 MB)
eos-diagnostic-touchpad_working_noUSBMouse.txt (4.1 MB)

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
sudo eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update

I executed the
sudo eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update
but the issue is still reproducible.
Here is the eos-diagnostic now:
eos-diagnostic-181017_123622_UTC 0300.txt (2.0 MB)

Is it possbile to be a hardware problem? I can ask for a replacement of this computer.

Thanks for the info. I don’t expect it to be a problem with your specific unit, it seems more like a general driver issue with this Asus platform. We are working on getting hold of the same model so that we can investigate.

1 Like